- Jute fibre is 100% bio-degradable and recyclable and thus environmentally friendly.
- Jute has low pesticide and fertilizer needs.
- It is a natural fibre with golden and silky shine and hence called The Golden Fibre.
- It is the cheapest vegetable fibre procured from the bast or skin of the plant's stem.
- It is the second most important vegetable fibre after cotton, in terms of usage, global consumption, production, and availability.
- It has high tensile strength, low extensibility, and ensures better breathability of fabrics.
- The best source of jute in the world is the Bengal Delta Plain.
- Jute has the ability to be blended with other fibres, both synthetic and natural. It blends with cotton to give Juco.